Transformation – it’s an inside job.
250 Hour RYT Yoga Teacher Training
Next start date is April 14, 201 – 6 spots left.
Whether you are eager to teach or wish to improve your own practice, this training offers an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in the wisdom practice of yoga. Maitri Yoga’s Essential Teacher Training consists of 250 hours over a year, designed for busy lifestyles, while allowing for personal growth, healing, exploration and integration. The training also includes discounts on classes at Maitri Yoga while you’re enrolled in the program. Join us in this life-expanding course and experience the transformative effects of yoga flowing into the rest of your life.
The word Yoga comes from the Sanskrit root “yuj” which means to yoke or unite. This training is designed to help you find harmony within yourself, to yoke your true Self with your ego and personality. It offers wisdom, insight and honesty into your life and how best to use yoga in it as you move forward and grow through Spirit. This training has been developed and is offered to you from the heart with kindness, strength of character, courage, and authenticity by its instructors.
To be very honest, this is like no other basic yoga teacher training we have come across. We used to call it basic teacher training. But it is so much more than just the basics. Yes, you will develop a firm foundation of the fundamentals of yoga, including the asana (poses), pranayama (breathing practices) and methods to reduce stress and find balance. But you will also discover your personal strengths and weaknesses through yogic philosophy and the chakra system. You’ll have a caring guide as you learn to balance yourself and your life.
At Maitri Yoga we are committed to helping you brilliantly shine with everything we teach you. We will challenge you to be your best self and live with authenticity and virtue.
We have redesigned the training schedule to be more circular in nature versus linear. This means that you can join our training two times throughout the year (as long as there is room) and complete it over the next 12 consecutive months. With this schedule, you are free to begin teacher training when it works for you (April or October), rather than waiting an entire year for the next program to start. We are very excited about this new method of training and look forward to sharing this incredible experience with you!
The training will be 12 months long from the time you start. For example if you start in April you will be finished in March. The general schedule is the 2nd weekend and the last Wednesday evening of each month (generally 3 days per month). Of course we will have to adjust the schedule to work around holidays at times. Everyone will get to enjoy a long weekend retreat along the way. The retreat will be held each May. Two possible start dates for this year long training begin in:
Each quarter of the training will have a specific focus and will follow both the seasons as well as the four primary elements.
April 8, 2017 for for the weekend intensive or October 14, 2017. If you would like to join us after one of these two dates, you will begin your training with a weekend intensive at the beginning of April (based upon space availability). Our schedule is fairly consistent year to year.
Monthly Schedule: Weekend Intensives are Saturday and Sundays, 10:00-5:30 and Wednesdays 4:30 pm-8:00 pm.
2018 Weekend Intensives:
Winter – Earth – Foundation of Asana & Pranayama
- January 13 & 14
- February 10 & 11
- March 10 & 11
Spring – Water – Anatomy & Philosophy
- April 14 & 15 (Start training this month!)
- May 17-20, Retreat at Mountain Park Environmental Center in Beulah, CO.
- June 9 & 10
Summer – Fire – Asana & Pranayama, the Next Level
- July 13 & 14
- August 10 & 11
- September 8 & 9
Fall – Air – Meditation & Inner Yoga
- October 13 & 14 (Start training this month!)
- November 3 & 4 (first weekend), Wednesday will be held Nov. 14
- December 1 & 2 (first weekend), Wednesday will be held Dec. 12.
This training will be held at our Yoga Shala (school) in Arvada, CO.
Please have all applications and deposits submitted for review as soon as possible. Space is limited in our trainings and we will offer the training spots on a first come first serve basis. As soon as you are accepted into the program you will receive three of the five books to begin your studies!
Email Mindy to learn more.
This training is dedicated to yogic practices which form a mandala of wisdom, intuition, knowledge, and experience at the deepest levels of the body, mind, and spirit. Our school offers you two books written by the lead instructor, Mindy Arbuckle, with over 500 pages of content. We also use three other books to enhance the experience (these will be provided for you as a part of your tuition).
While thoroughly covering asana (postures) and learning to teach them is important, Maitri Yoga focuses on learning the depths of the practice of yoga and gaining a deeper understanding of the Self. Learning to live and practice what you will be teaching is just as important as offering a nice flow to an asana yoga class.
The curriculum covers:*
- Transform your physical practice and learn to live yoga off the mat
- In depth knowledge of postures – energy, anatomy and adjustments
- Pranayama and the use of breath as a transformative tool
- Yogic Philosophy, Intro to Sanskrit & Living Your Yoga
- Art of sequencing to create a customized and balanced class
- Meditation & Mantra – develop deeper levels of awareness
- Chakra System & Energy Body
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Mudras & Bandhas – seals of energy and inner focus
- Teaching Methodology
- Communication & Yoga Class Themes
- Build confidence and feel empowered through yoga
- Grow beyond self-imposed limitations
- Gain lifelong friends
- Most importantly – have tons of fun!
* Homework & Mandatory Reading will be required.
1. You are ready to learn more about yourself and how yoga plays a role in your life. The 12 month training program allows you to absorb the teaching of yoga and practically apply them to your daily life.
2. You want to get more out of your current yoga training. You’re interested in deepening your experience through asana, pranayama, meditation, mantra and yogic lifestyle.
3. You want to learn to heal yourself and others from the inside out with Kindness, Compassion & Contentment.
4. You want to teach and inspire others through yoga.