New to Yoga?
You are in the perfect place.
Welcome to our friendly neighborhood yoga studio, Maitri Yoga. Whether you are a new student or just new to the area and looking to improve your overall health, gain flexibility and strength, reduce stress or connect inwardly — you’ve made it to the right place. We’re here to support, guide, and inspire you through your yoga journey…
Check out our new student special! 5 Classes for $25! Good for 2 weeks.
(Must be a new student to Maitri Yoga Center and purchased on or before your first visit.)
Hear what our new students have to say:
Alyssa Swink reviewed Maitri Yoga — 5 stars
Maitri has been such a blessing helping ease my stress, reconnect, and strengthen my body. A warm and welcoming environment to learn and grow in your yoga practice with people of all ages, skill levels, and body shapes. A wonderful place for someone new to yoga, like myself.
Diana Betz reviewed Maitri Yoga — 5 star
I have been practicing at Maitri for 9 months now. If you’re unsure about this place or about yoga, you will not regret giving this place a try. This is especially true if you’re in need of a warm, welcoming space with teachers who really do make an effort to make sure you’re having a good experience, no matter your reason for coming to class. Looking forward to my classes this week!
Christie Van Hese reviewed Maitri Yoga — 5 star
Love the small class size, the chanting and feel of community as a beginner yogi. I enjoy the space/decor and everyone has been very warm and welcoming here.
You’ve found a yoga home at Maitri.
When starting a new practice like yoga or getting back into it, consistency is key. Attending classes 2-3 times a week will be the most effective place to start. If possible practice the same 2-3 classes each week and if you get a chance to take an extra class it is like a bonus. Set realistic goals, stick to them and you will see results.
Although beginners can and do attend any of our classes, following are the very best options for absolute beginners:
Foundations of Yoga + Breathing is the perfect beginner class. You can stick with it as long as you’d like- we have many clients who have been practicing for years that enjoy this class.
Restorative Bliss/ Candlelight Restorative are relaxing, supportive classes that are slow paced that encourage stress release and instill a clam state of peace.
Mindful Flow offers a slightly slower pace than other flow yoga classes. It will develop strength, focus and body wisdom through mindful movement with the breath.
A few things to know about Maitri:
- Our name is a Sanskrit word meaning “friendly” and we do our best to embody that in all we do.
- We have mats and props available for you to use.
- Wear comfortable workout clothing.
- You don’t need shoes – we practice barefoot.
- Feel free to bring a water bottle. (Not required, but recommended.)
- Listen to your body and make your practice your own. Don’t worry about what the person on the mat next to you is doing. Yoga isn’t a competition.
- We do chant “Om” at the beginning and end of most classes. This is a sound that harmonizes and connects us to ourselves, each other and the greatness of the universe. You can join in or stay silent, it’s up to you.
- We like to keep things simple around here. Registration is always appreciated but not required.
- Please be mindful of other students and do not bring unnecessary items into the class room such as cell phones.
Ready to get started?
Questions? You can reach our Programs Manager via email at email@example.com or at 720.441.1533 (Arvada Studio) or 303.421.4131 (Westminster Studio).